Best Air Mattress of 2021: Top Recommendations
Air mattresses are practical and comfortable. They can be used inside your house for yourself or to welcome your guests or at camping sites.
Deflated, they are lightweight, easy to transport and store when not in use. Inflated, they can serve as comfortable beds.
If you are considering buying an inflatable mattress keep reading this complete guide that we have prepared for you.
- Make sure that the size of the air mattress is suitable for your height and weight so that you can settle in without inconvenience.
- Some models offer hand pumps, others come with electric pumps included. There are also options that do not have pumps. In that case, you will need an external pump.
- If your inflatable mattress has an electric pump, it is important to consider that you will need access to an electrical network and check the pump’s voltage.
The best air mattresses on the market: Our choices
To choose the best air mattress, you need to reflect its usefulness in your day to day. Many factors can be decisive for your purchase. Check out the best options for sale below and read on to learn how to buy the best mattress for you:
SoundAsleep Dream Series Mattress – For Guests
If you would like to be certain that your guests are as comfortable as you can when sleeping SoundAsleep makes for a fantastic option.There are not any’whistles and bells’ on this mattress — it’s merely a strong , all-purpose celebrity. You will find 40 inner air coils to boost support and endurance. Additionally, you or your visitors can easily inflate the mattress together with only the push of a button.
- Air mattress is easy to set up and take down
- Crafted with a grip on the bottom to prevent movement
- Mattress maintains the air very well once inflated
- Gives the user a lift from the ground
- Materials used in the construction retain old air
- Air mattress is a little narrow for some
Fox Air Beds Plush High Rise Mattress – Memory Foam
The comfort and service that’s being offered by memory foam is only a bonus. Fox Airbeds sells a few of the primary products in the marketplace with this item, which includes a memory foam high over the air room. Even though there’s the pump built into the item, you have the choice of inflating having an outside pump in the event that you so choose. In case you choose to get this item, you’ll have the choice of five dimensions from Twin XL into California King.
- Crafted with luxury features like a memory foam topper
- Mattress offers a comfortable feel but still very supportive
- Designed using durable and long-lasting materials
- Inflation and deflation of bed is simple and quick
- Some have complained about sleeping hot due to the mattress topper
- The mattress is not as budget-friendly as other options
Insta-Bed Raised – Everyday Use
If you’re in a situation where you’re likely to use it for an elongated period, you wish to be certain it’s the most comfortable air mattress you can purchase.Though the Insta-Bed Raised may not entirely be just like a conventional mattress, it will have lots of amazing features. It’s 18″ tall, meaning you’ll have an easier time getting in and out of bed.In addition, it includes a neverFlat pump, which quietly re-inflates the bed as you sleep, so you don’t end up on the ground from the end of the evening. Additionally, the major pump is going to do the task of inflating the air mattress in just four minutes so you are able to be place for bed efficiently.
- The lift of the mattress makes it easy to get in and out of bed
- The pump keeps the bed’s air level consistent throughout the evening and is quiet
- Mattress offers you the ability to personalize the firmness
- Designed with a lip and grip so fitted sheets stay put
- Thin material on the bottom make it a bad choice for camping
- Not as portable as other options due to the weight of the mattress
Sable Air Mattress w/ Internal Pump
For everyday use, the Sable Air Mattress w/ Internal Pump is one of the best choices on the market. It is easy to inflate thanks to the built-in pump and is friendly to the earth because it is crafted from PVC. This also gives the air mattress an enhanced durability.
The inflation of the mattress literally takes only a few minutes, and because of that internal pump, you can fill the bed to your desired firmness. The bed is a raised option and has great stability; with a raised design like this, those with mobility issues may find it more comfortable than the many other options.
- Support is well provided by the inclusion of air-oil wave technology
- Air mattress offers a high weight capacity – 600 lbs.
- Designed with a built-in pump for easy inflation
- Crafted in eco-friendly and durable PVC
- Some issues with actual dimension as they tend to be smaller than advertised
- The pump is not quiet so expect a lot of noise
Coleman SupportRest Air Bed
The Coleman SupportRest Air bed is a versatile air mattress that can be used both indoors and outdoors. Crafted for superior support, the bed is designed with a coil contour construction so that your body is supported all night long.
The design is elevated and raised on the floor for even more comfort and ease of getting in and out. The velvet-like feel of the top makes the bed comfortable, as well as helping sheets stay on the top. Best of all, it is perfect for couples as it is made with durable material and a large weight capacity of 600 lbs.
- If you have problems getting up and down, the raised design is a great feature
- Air mattress is crafted with durable materials that hold the inflation well
- When deflated, the unit is very small, which makes storage easier
- The mattress is a budget-friendly option
- There have been some issues with inconsistent support
- Small dimensions make it hard to fit a couple
The air mattress is a practical solution for those who like to accommodate visitors in a comfortable way, since after they leave, just empty, fold and store. It is also something important for those who like to camp. Whatever your need, there is the perfect mattress for you.
Throughout this Guide, we will show you all the details you need to consider in order to make your purchase. Come with us!
What is an air mattress?
Also known as an inflatable mattress, it is nothing more than a mattress that can be emptied according to your needs, so they are great options to take on a trip and easy to store when not in use.
Practical and made of resistant material, they are perfect for accommodating visitors or for use in camps or other outdoor activities, since in a moment they assume a compact size.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of having an inflatable mattress?
An inflatable mattress is ideal for receiving that unexpected visit or for people who love to explore nature and enjoy a good camping trip.
The air mattress is very practical and easy to store.
In addition to outdoor activities, they can also be used in the home environment, for children to play, for example.
They are practical and can be ready for use in a few minutes, as well as being easily emptied, allowing them to be stored without taking up so much space.
However, it is important to note that there may be some disadvantages, such as the possibility of drilling, depending on where it is used. So, check the table below before making your decision.
- Takes up less space than traditional mattresses when stored
- Can be inflated and deflated quickly
- Air mattresses are easier to carry
- Care must be taken with the surface on which it is placed
- A good model can cost more than a traditional one
Which model to choose: Air mattress with or without pump?
One of the biggest difficulties when it comes to air mattresses is the effort required to fill and empty, after all, not everyone has electric air pumps in their homes.
Therefore, today it is possible to find models that already have internal or electric pumps, making the filling process much easier and faster. With metering valves, it is also easy to regulate the amount of air you want or to assist in emptying.
However, not everything is an advantage. With an extra feature, mattresses that have an electric pump cost significantly more than the simplest models.
Remember that inflatable mattresses have valves, so check the product specifications and their compatibility with external pumps.
So, even if the product comes without an inflator, you can still use, for example, a pump used to inflate bicycle tires.
How much does an air mattress cost?
The price varies according to the model and features. Models for couples or with internal pumps can cost a little more, ranging from R $ 200 to R $ 700.
Single models can be found in a range of R $ 50 to R $ 300, depending on the model and whether or not it comes with a pump included.
The air mattresses featured in this review are in a price range of R $ 50 to R $ 700. It is worth researching a little and evaluating what is the best cost / benefit for you.
Where to buy an air mattress?
You can find inflatable mattresses at stores that specialize in camping, hunting and fishing at major supermarket chains or department stores.
On the internet, it is possible to find air mattresses on the main e-commerce sites such as Submarino, Americanas and Magazine Luiza, in addition to the manufacturers’ virtual stores.
It is also possible to find excellent models of air mattresses in sales portals, such as Amazon and Mercado Livre. Buying online you find more variety and better offers.
Purchase Criteria: Factors to consider before purchasing an air mattress
Often we just want to leave the hectic city life and spend a few days in the countryside, camping outdoors. Or, when receiving visitors, you may want to accommodate your friends and family with more comfort than just offering a sofa.
However, choosing the perfect inflatable mattress for you can be somewhat complicated, after all with so many specifications, the process can be confusing if you do not count on help.
To help you, carefully analyze the points we selected below and choose a model with a great cost-benefit ratio.
- Dimensions and weight supported
- Pump type
- Hygiene and cleaning
Observing all these factors that will be described in detail below, you will be able to make the best decision when you need to choose the ideal model to receive your visits or enjoy time under the stars.
Today most air mattresses are made of polyester or PVC, comfortable materials that offer great strength and durability.
In addition, due to their resistance, mattresses made of polyester or PVC can be stored and transported easily, since they will hardly suffer from the action of heat or be damaged without the action of a sharp object.
The type of covering is a fundamental factor for comfort at the time of your sleep, after all, if you want to take your mattress to a camping trip, you certainly will not have resources like varied sheets and pillows at hand.
There are two basic types of air mattress finishes: rubberized and velvety.
- Velvety : Ideal if you want more comfort and also avoid the risk of slipping or slipping while lying down. Models with velvety coating allow more grip and comfort.
- Rubberized : in this type of covering, the feeling when lying down is of a firmer and hotter mattress, something that can be uncomfortable, especially on hot days. However, they are cheaper options.
In both cases, as in traditional mattresses, it is possible to use sheets and pillows to have a little more comfort at bedtime.
Dimensions and weight supported
Whether in single or double models, it is ideal to check the product dimensions. Check, for example, the depth of the product, so that it is suitable for those who use the mattress, after all, you would not want to keep your feet off the mattress.
As for the height, it is noticed that taller models tend to be more comfortable, so check the maximum height that your mattress has to avoid getting too close to the floor, which can cause discomfort.
See also the width. If you are in the habit of moving around a lot at night, it is advisable to have a slightly wider model. Also, check the maximum weight supported to avoid accidents.
You can use different types of pumps to inflate your air mattress. The most common models do not have internal pumps. In this case, you can use a hand pump, such as those used to inflate a bicycle tire, or use an external electric pump.
Some models of air mattress offer internal pumps. You can pump them using your hands or your feet, allowing you to fill your air mattress without extra help.
It is also possible to find models that have models of electric pumps. Although they need to be connected to a battery or mains, you will have no effort and they are able to inflate the mattress more quickly.
Hygiene and cleaning
To keep your inflatable mattress free from germs and bacteria it is important to take some precautions regarding hygiene and cleaning to avoid risks to your health.
Before and after use, use a soft, damp cloth to clean the mattress. Unless it is very dirty, it is not necessary to use detergents or disinfectants.
When you need to store it, remember to never fold it while it is wet, as this can lead to the proliferation of fungi and bacteria. The ideal is to keep it in a cool environment and away from light.