Best Bath Towels for Every Budget 
The bath towel is an indispensable part in everyday life. The bath towel is available on the market in different colours, materials, models and sizes. The bath towel is also a great idea for a gift.
In this Review, we will introduce you to the best options, in addition to the features you should pay attention to in order to make the best choice of towel.
First, the most important
- The market offers thousands of bath towel options. To choose the ideal, some factors must be considered before purchase. Define the location and user profile, to choose the most suitable color and size, for example.
- Material, weight, model and details of the piece are some of the main characteristics to be evaluated when purchasing the bath towel.
- Prices are quite varied. The fluctuations occur according to the material and the chosen brand, in addition to other factors such as embroidered details, lace, finishes and prints. You can find simpler towels starting at R $ 15. The most luxurious and worked ones can cost more than R $ 1,000.
Ranking: The 5 best bath towel models
Nothing better than getting out of the bath and having a towel waiting for you that is not only capable of drying, but also providing comfort, softness and a soft touch to our skin, right? A good bath towel can do all of this for you, and more!
In addition to these advantages, the bath towel can compose the decoration of your bathroom, making it much more complete and cozy without spending a lot. We have selected the coolest towel models available on the market to inspire you. Check the list:
Best Egyptian: Calla Angel Superior 100 Gram Egyptian Cotton Bath Towel
To get a towel that provides intense softness, additional protection, and a lot of absorbency, reach for those towels out of Calla Angel. Made with 1,000 g of long-staple Egyptian cotton (which provides them their delicate feel ), these towels have been adorned with a easy, chain-like border available in 3 colours.Thee towels do not jump on dimensions, either. Measuring 63 x 31 inches, then it is possible to wrap them around the own body without worrying about freezing the moment you start your toilet doorway to cold atmosphere. Since they’re extra-thick, also, you are going to feel extra snuggly wrapped up after a bath or shower.
- Towels are crafted with a beautiful and stylish embroidered pattern
- Uses stable long Egyptian cotton for more durability
- Thickness allows for a great level of absorption
- The bath towel is a nice size and weight
- There is a lack of color selection
- Towels are soft but by no means the softest on the market
Best Quick-Drying: Fina Ultra Absorbent Waffle Weave Microfiber Bath Towel
Plush cotton towels feel good on moist skin, but they are able to have a complete day to wash, particularly when left dangling in a relaxing bath. The Fina Ultra Absorbent Waffle Weave Towel dries over an hour or two, owners state, and it may soak up a whole lot of moisture–10 days the towel weight in water, as stated by the manufacturer.Among the biggest drawbacks of microfiber towels is they don’t slip over skin as readily as cotton. Reviewers say that is accurate with this towel, even though it’s simple to blot moisture away rather. And while the Ultra Absorbent Waffle Weave Towel is not as gentle as non-microfiber bathroom towels, many owners say what you give in texture you gain in usefulness –in this instance, a very fast-drying, lightweight towel which folds a lot more wider than the usual conventional silk towel. Those attributes make it perfect not only for home use, but also for toting along to the gym or on camping trips. Many owners also enjoy using it especially to wrap their own hair.
- The design and fabric give the towels a quick dry capability
- Thickness and size of towels allows for a tight fold, which makes them great for travel
- Bath towel will not leave any lint or shed
- Price versus value is very competitive
- Doesn’t have a plush and fluffy feel
- Can only be washed with other microfiber items
Southern Tide Performance 5.0 Bath Towel
Why we love it It had great scores throughout the board to get absorbency, drying rate, softness, and cloth power.Please notice: Some customer testers called it only”average” and”generic” in comparison to other people. Bottom line: Although it was not the very best in any particular test, it entire beat out fashions which were considerably more costly.
- Crafted with 100% cotton, which makes it easy to care for
- The weight of the towels is nice and dries fast
- These towels hold their color even after extended use
- Even after washing, the towels retain their softness
- Towels tend to shed a lot when washed
- Some have had issues with threads snagging easily
Everplush Diamond Jacquard Bath Towel Set
Why we love it This one has a special structure which makes it absorbent, fast drying, powerful, and shrink resistant.Take notice: The cloth surface revealed fuzzy indications of wear quicker than others within our laundering tests.Bottom line: It turned out to be a top actor and the only towel to genius equally absorbency and drying period evaluations. It is also possible to purchase it in a 6-piece place to add face and hand towels.
- When wet, the towels don’t take very long to dry
- Towels are designed with a smaller size, which makes them easier to store
- The fabric used in manufacturing is both soft and lightweight
- Color and pattern gives the towel a stylish look
- The towels do not have a good water absorption capability
- Issues with the color fading fast
SEMAXE Plush Spa Quality Bath Towel
The SEMAXE Plush Spa Quality Bath towel uses natural Turkish cotton that is finely crafted to give you a soft and spa-quality towel. The fabric is the best thing about this towel. It gets softer with each wash and maintains its durability even with multiple washes. Finished with a double stitched hem, durability is cemented, which is why this towel is so popular. It lasts long and feels great while looking like a luxury spa towel.
- Reinforced edges with fine double stitching for more durability
- Designed to be hotel quality and can be washed more frequently without fraying
- Crafted with hooks for easier hanging in the bathroom
- No harmful dye or chemicals are used in the manufacturing prices
- Some have had issues with pilling
- The thickness of the towels has been a problem for some
So, did you like our Ranking with the coolest bath towels on the market? Then it was time to take the next step and follow the Buying Guide.
In this session you will have access to the most relevant information about bath towels, such as models and directions for use, advantages and disadvantages, values, where to buy, etc.
But remember: the best and most expensive product on the market is not always the most suitable for you and your needs. Therefore, we will introduce you to topics on the characteristics you should pay attention to in order to choose the towel that best meets your expectations.
What is a bath towel?
You certainly know how to answer that question, but to define the product, we can say that a bath towel is a cutout of fabric, usually cotton, which is used to dry the body after bathing.
Although its precise origin in civilization is imprecise, the piece was mentioned in the Bible, more specifically in the Book of John, chapter 13, which talks about the tradition of washing feet.
It is possible to find towels in different colors, patterns and sizes. Analyzing roughly, the available models differ little from each other, leaving the differential factor in charge of the presence of details such as finishes like lace, crochet, embroidery, applications and others.
What are its advantages?
A quality towel has the advantage of providing comfort and absorption of post-bath water, in addition to being part of the decoration of the environment.
Because they are available in different colors and materials, and are also sold in sets, bath towels can be combined with floor, hand and face towels for a more harmonious and cozy environment.
Folded or rolled can also be stored and decorated at the same time, when placed in baskets or shelves in bathrooms and toilets. Because they are manufactured in different weights and sizes, there are ideal bath towels for every type of public and occasion.
Towels of smaller weight, for example, are thinner and lighter, being ideal for carrying in bags and suitcases for trips, outings, in swimming pools or in the gym.
Those of heavier weight, in addition to being softer and fuller, have excellent durability, but may have a higher price.
However, towels that are heavier because they are thicker and heavier are more difficult to dry. Especially in very humid regions, they need extra care to prevent them from spending too much time wetting, favoring the proliferation of microorganisms.
- Good quality parts have excellent durability
- Can compose environment decoration
- There are ideal models for different occasions and audiences
- Better quality models can be expensive
- Lack of care can facilitate proliferation of microorganisms
Is the material of the bath towel important?
The bath towel can be found in several natural, synthetic or mixed materials. It is necessary that you keep in mind what the frequency and the main use of the towel will be in order to be able to choose the most suitable type.
As it is an item that needs to be washed quite often, pay attention to the quality of the material and the product as a whole. Check the washing, storage and general care instructions for the part to make sure that the requirements fit your routine.
Some materials are more absorbent, others less. Short strand models are less soft and shed more hair. Longer strands are softer and shed less hair. Likewise, some breathe better, drying faster.
Check the manufacturer’s specifications to find the material that best suits your needs. If you live in very humid regions, for example, prefer thinner and lighter weight towels, which will dry out more quickly.
Also pay attention to the material, place and form of application of details such as embroidery and lace. Ensure that the material and form of application will not cause discomfort, irritation or allergies with use. This care is especially important in children’s models.
How many bath towels do I need?
Finishing the bath and using a dry and fragrant towel is not only a matter of comfort, but also of health. Always in contact with moisture, body secretions and dead cells, towels are the perfect medium for the proliferation of microorganisms such as fungi, bacteria and mites that can cause allergies, irritations and skin diseases.
That is why bath towels, as well as hand and face towels, need to be cleaned and changed frequently. There is no consensus among experts on the ideal frequency for this exchange, but it is believed that the limit of uses is around 3 to 15, before it is necessary to wash the piece.
To define the ideal amount of towels for your home, consider:
- Number of children and adults inhabitants;
- Frequency of visitors;
- Frequency of washing clothes.
Of course, towels are for personal use and should not be shared when in use. With this account in mind, the ideal is that for each adult inhabitant there are at least 3 bath towels in the house. Thus, while one is in use, another will be in the laundry room and the third will be used as a backup in the closet.
The bill can be the same for visits, but the number can be reduced, considering whether they usually spend more or less time staying at your home.
For children, especially the youngest, this number may be higher due to the need for more frequent washing. If you take a little longer to wash the towels in the laundry basket, the overall number of spare parts will need to be higher.
The price of the bath towel varies a lot according to model, brand, material and product details. It is possible to find basic pieces from R $ 15.
More sophisticated models, with applications of lace, embroidery and noble fabrics may have much higher prices. After choosing the desired model, use price comparison sites to choose the best offer. Many online stores offer the same product at different prices.
It is also worth paying attention to the freight charges charged by online sales platforms. They can vary a lot according to the shipping region, size and weight of the product. That is why good research is essential.
Where to buy?
Because it is a very common everyday item, towels can be found for sale in a variety of models and sizes without much difficulty.
You can buy your bath towel at physical stores specializing in Bed, Table and Bath products, such as Havan, Mmartan and Zelo, among others. It is still possible to find the product in large department stores or hypermarkets, such as Lojas Americanas, Extra, Carrefour or Wallmart.
You can also purchase online, taking advantage of the convenience of e-commerce sites like Amazon and Mercado Livre.
Purchasing criteria: Factors to compare bath towel models
We are all subject to making bad purchases from time to time. But of course, if you have followed this article so far, it is because you are interested in making the right purchase, and choosing your bath towel like a professional.
Below, we will present some features for which you should be aware when comparing models, types and brands of this product. And never forget: the best product for you is not always the best on the market, but one that does what you need, the way you want it, efficiently and cost-effectively.
After defining your need, consider the following aspects to choose the towel that will best suit you:
The size of the bath towels may vary according to the model and brand. Generally, manufacturers work with standard measures, however, each brand may have its own standards for the product. But basically, bath towels are classified into:
- Conventional size : ranging between 60 or 80 by 130 or 150 cm;
- Banhão size : that can measure up to 110 by 160 cm.
In addition to your personal preference, other factors can be evaluated to choose the ideal size. The height of the user is one of the determining points. People of average height will be well served by towels with standard measures, while taller people will find the banhão model more compatible.
Women, who usually wrap their entire torso in the towel, can also benefit from more comfort with larger models. Some men, who wrap themselves in the towel only from the waist down, may prefer smaller models that will not hamper movements.
The configuration of your bathroom and the towel rack is another factor to be taken into account. For small bathrooms, prefer standard size towels, which will be better accommodated in the towel rack, giving the effect of a more spacious and organized space.
In larger bathrooms or large towel racks, the large size can give a touch more cozy and proportional to the environment.
There are bath towels manufactured in the most diverse types of material, among natural fabrics and synthetic fabrics. However, the most common material is cotton, which has a high absorption power, is soft and easy to maintain.
Towels made of mixed cotton and polyester fabric are also popular. These models are cheaper than pure cotton, but have the inferior quality, being less soft, having low absorption and acquiring roughness after a few washes.
Less well-known, there are also bath towels made of modal fiber or microfiber, and with silk fiber in the weave. The material dictates the softness of the bath towel, as well as its price.
In addition to personal preferences, choose based on practicality and the characteristics of your home environments. Lighter neutral colors, in addition to being easier to combine, have easier maintenance and are less at risk of staining or fading over time.
In addition, the same type of towel can be softer in light colors than in strong colors, since the dyeing of the threads can end up hardening the material.
In addition to the material, the type of yarn or fiber used in the composition of your towel will also influence the quality and absorption power of the piece.
This equation also includes the weft, which is the way the thread was interwoven to form the fabric. The main types of yarns used in the manufacture of towels are:
- Traditional cotton or cotton : of vegetable origin, it is one of the most used yarns for making towels. It can come in different configurations. The purest and thickest fibers are the best quality. It has high absorption power and dries quickly.
- Egyptian cotton : the longest fiber in the world, which generates fine threads with greater durability and smoothness and shine. Egyptian cotton fiber measures from 3.4 to 5 cm. The cultivated in Brazil has an average of 1.2 cm.
- Combed yarn : it is the yarn that goes through a process where it is “combed” until the short fibers are eliminated, leaving only the longest ones, resulting in a softer and more resistant fabric, which does not shed and accumulates balls.
- Nanocotton : is the cotton fiber with application of softener nano particles to increase softness and absorption power. This type of yarn has less need for fabric softener when washing.
- Twisted thread: it is made by twisting two cotton threads together, generating a more resistant thread. High relief designs on towels are ideal, as they maintain definition and volume for longer.
Weight is a characteristic of towels unknown to many people. Measured in grams per square meter (g / m²), the characteristic basically indicates the number of grams of cotton fiber per square meter that exist in the material used.
The heavier the towel, the heavier and thicker the towel, and the softer and softer the touch of the piece.
The weight directly influences the quality of the product, as well as the price. Heavy-weight towels are often more expensive, but they can also last for many years if they are properly cared for.
If you are looking for quality, choose towels weighing between 400 g / m² and 600 g / m². Those with less weight will be less soft, but they will also be lighter and more compact, being ideal for taking on trips, trips or to the gym, for example.
Finishes in fine fabrics, embroidery, lace and applications are some details that can make your bath towel more charming, refined and unique.
Some brands and companies offer customization of the part with names and initials, for example. Although these details give a towel up, they can make the piece more expensive. Carefully evaluate the cost benefit of each option.